I cannot believe it has been over 6 months since I’ve done one of these, can you? I’m becoming quite the lame blogger, aren’t I? I’m gonna work on that. Really, I am.
Well let’s see…where shall we begin with this installment of Keepin’ It Real?
Oh, I know! Here we go.
1. I am either extremely lazy or extremely old-fashioned. Or perhaps both. I sit here and lament on my blog about how I can’t keep up with my housework because I’m too busy subbing/volunteering and yet there are people, lots of them, that have to work every day outside of the home and they still have to make time to take care of their houses and not let them turn into pits of despair (like mine) because of it.
2. Last week I walked around school all day (or at least most of the day) with my pants unzipped. Why do I do this with such frequency? I bet if I looked back through the archives of this blog, I would find at least 10 posts that mention me walking around in public with my pants unzipped. And why does no one tell me? Maybe they don’t notice? Or maybe they do notice and think I’m some weirdo that never zips her pants up?
3. The weather is getting colder and in the mornings I have taken to putting the leash on the dogs (it’s one of those long retractable ones), letting the dogs out the door, then shutting the door while I’m still standing inside holding the leash. I just let them pull it out as far as it will go while I stay inside warm & cozy. How lazy is that?
4. I ate one whole row of double-stuff oreos with milk the other day. In one sitting. A WHOLE ROW. What is wrong with me?
5. See yesterday’s post.
6. Today I showed up at school an hour early to get my kids. Yes, I am THAT stupid parent. I set all of the clocks in our house back, but forgot to do my watch. I went to town today to run errands and lost track of time. I looked at my watch and thought, Oh crap! I’m gonna be late! I rushed to school and didn’t see any kids standing outside, so I went to the front office and saw Katie’s teacher from last year in the hallway. I asked where my kids were and he was like, um…it’s not time to go home yet. I’m sorry, but can I get any more idiotic? Seriously, can I?
I guess that’s about all I got for ya on that subject. Have a great day, peeps!