I have been neglecting my blog lately. Nothing personal, blog. Please don’t be offended. But I seem to have nothing blogworthy to say these days.
Maybe it’s because we’ve been rather busy lately. Soccer practices and games. Softball practice starting next week. Trying to decide whether or not to refinance the house and add on a 3rd bedroom or just put it up for sale and ride out the current housing market. Then there’s subbing at school, volunteering at school, helping Katie with science fair project, the list goes on…
Anyway, since I have nothing at all important to say, I decided to just keep it real for today, so here goes:
1. It’s a poopy rainy day outside. Poopy rainy days make me want to bake. Donut muffins, banana bread, cookies, brownies. This is not good.
2. I overslept this morning. So, instead of getting up at 5:00, doing my workout, eating breakfast, taking a shower and walking the girls into school, I did this: got up at 6:00, ate breakfast, read the paper, got the girls up, ready and fed, then dropped them off outside of school because I was still in my jammies and looking like Don King on a bad hair day. What does all of this mean? Well, it means that I want to bake. Again, not good.
3. Once I got home from dropping the girls off, I felt guilty about not doing my workout. So, I half-heartedly did it, gaining a big fat zero in the healthy living department. I am such a champ.
4. After said wimpy workout, I decided to reward myself with a healthy snack that I clearly did not deserve. I made a favorite of mine. Oatmeal with banana, peanut butter and cinnamon. I put in way too much peanut butter and tried to pretend like it was an accident. Again, a champ, I say.
5. Still sitting on my butt after the lackluster workout. Need to get in the shower, but I prefer to sit in my own stench instead and dream about baked goods.
That’s it for today’s Keeping it Real post. Tune in next time where hopefully I will have something worthwhile to say.