Today was terrible. I mean terrible. So terrible, in fact, that there is no way I could let it go by without a Keepin’ It Real post.
So here it is, friends:
1. I did an upper body workout this morning and ended up suffering a Noulder (neck/shoulder) injury later in the day that I’m pretty sure is directly linked to my inability to do the exercises properly and/or the fact that as I said in my previous post, I have completely lost the Funk.
2. I made 14,000 trips into Columbus today taking Katie to the ortho, then the dentist, then back to the ortho. Anyone who knows how miserly I am knows that I hate wasting that much gas and will also know that that alone was enough to make this day bad for me. Oh, but there’s more…
3. Forgot to put on deodorant.
4. Walked around for the first half of the day with my pants unzipped. Wow, I am so cool.
5. Got a bad headache (from the noulder injury, I think) and didn’t make anything for supper. Instead picked up some food for the girls from the cafe and ate 4 grapes and about 3 spoonfuls of brownie batter for my own supper. Healthy lifestyle, I own you!
6. Speaking of brownies, I was supposed to send brownies into Katie’s class tomorrow for her birthday. Everybody knows that I love cooking from scratch. I especially love making cakes and brownies and stuff like that from scratch because they are so delish, but due to the kind of day I was having, I opted instead for a cheap ol’ box of brownie mix. I needed to make 2 batches. In the first batch, I left out the water completely. These brownies came out like bricks. In the second batch, I forgot to spray the pan. So these brownies were delightful, yet stuck to the pan for life. Brownies mixes call for like 3 ingredients, people! I didn’t think it was possible, until now, to actually mess them up.
7. I actually walked downstairs to the basement TWICE tonight looking for my cell phone. The first time I went down there, I completely forgot what I was doing. I went back upstairs and then promptly remembered that I went down there for my phone. Went down the second time, found no phone, walked back up and then realized it was in my pocket.
8. It is only 7:40 pm and I’m seriously considering telling my girls that it’s 8:30 so I can put them in bed then crawl into bed myself. I am very afraid of what the rest of the evening holds for me.
That’s it for this latest installment of Keepin’ It Real. I bid you all a good night! I am quite certain that I hear the Tylenol PM’s calling to me.