It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts…and as I sit here, wondering if I’m going to make my Christmas gift deadline or fail miserably, I’ve decided that rather than step away from the computer and get to work on finishing up my gifts, I’ll blog instead. Such a great work ethic I have.
So…let’s just keep it real, shall we?
1. I have at least 6 or 7 more gifts to make this week, not to mention a bunch of food to make for school and Girl Scout Christmas parties.
2. I am having surgery on my foot this Friday and will be out of commission for at least 8 weeks. I am scared. Scared like wanting to curl-up-into-the-fetal-position scared.
3. Willie had to go to the vet recently because of a skin rash. Turns out he has mange. I’m thinking of changing his name to Mange.
4. Buster has terrible allergies and has a constant odor because of it. I’m thinking of changing his name to Stink.
5. It is so cold in our house because we refuse to turn the heat up past 66, that I’ve resorted to sticking the girls socks on the end of the hair dryer and blasting them with hot air to warm up their toes! Seriously, this old house is so drafty, we can’t afford to turn it up much higher!
6. I recently stopped covering my greys. For good. Much to the dismay of some of my trendier friends. I don’t like spending the money on it and honestly, I just don’t care much anymore about whether my hair is turning grey. I’m 34…time to let it go.
7. Now that Brian is working 2nd shift, I never make our bed anymore. He’s still in it when I get up and by the time he gets up, I’ve moved past it and on to other things, there’s no way I’m stopping in the middle of the day to make the bed when I’m just gonna get back in it in a few hours.
8. I’m really glad this year is almost over. It has been filled with many ups and downs and lots and lots of blessings from the Lord, but I’m ready to have it gone.
And that’s about it, I guess. Hope you enjoyed this latest installment of ‘Keepin’ It Real’. Now I must get on with the making of the gifts. 🙂